Business Help by Growth Stage
Connect with no- and low-cost small business help based on the business growth stage...
Thinking about starting a business...
- Register for eLearning/eMentor Course: Take advantage of the 10-Steps to Venture Launch for step-by-step learning and development of your business idea. Select a no-cost volunteer mentor or fixed-fee consultant to work with you for additional support.
- Start-up Tips: View a range of programs tailored to starting a business
- Start-up FAQs: Learn the basics
- Business Counseling: Choose a local business counseling program
Started but struggling...
Focused on Growth...
- State Economic Development Agencies: Economic development is "industry-speak" for business development. Find out what your state offers to help you grow
- Professional Mentor: Learn about a 3-Month online mentoring program
- Outsourcing: Educate yourself regarding innovative solutions for cutting costs, increasing productivity and improving profits
In addition to the above, there are special support programs for women, veterans and youth who are interested in starting, growing and succeeding in business.
By making time to surf around and learn about the myriad options available to you in your local area when it comes to small business creation and growth, you are increasing the likelihood of entrepreneurial success, as well as developing promising local relationships that could last years into the future.
The key is to make the time and pick up the phone. While business planning is key to success, planning without action is a waste of time.